Applications are to be made on the prescribed form to the Admission and Records Unit, Centre for Postgraduate Studies (CPS).
A complete application package should consist of the following items:
- A complete, signed application form.
- 4 passport sized photographs of the applicant.
- 2 certified copies of passport (Include all stamped pages and the validity date of the passport).
Certified copy of:
- Bachelor Degree and Transcript (compulsory to all Postgraduate applicants)
Master Degree and Transcript (applicable to application for PhD Programme)
Please ensure that your academic transcript contains the grading system used to enable us to evaluate your academic qualification. In the event that the mode of your previous degree is by research only, please provide a certification letter from the university indicating that the mode of the programme is by research and hence no CGPA or % is applicable in the full academic transcript
All certificates must be certified true copies. If your certificates are in a language other than English and Bahasa Melayu, an English version translated by a certified translator are required. Both copies (original version and translated version) shall be submitted to the CPS.
- Evidence of English Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS)
- Reports of two (2) academic referees.
- Recommendation letter from an Islamic organization, community leader or imam (preferable an IIUM representative) in the applicant’s country of residence.
- A non-refundable application processing fee of RM75.00 or USD25.00 in the form of a bank draft, money order or postal order, payable to “Executive Director, Finance Division, International Islamic University Malaysia”
- Documentary evidence of the applicant’s ability to cover tuition, accommocation, food, medical and other expenses for the total duration of the programme.
- Preliminary Research Proposal (applicable to application for Master’s (by research) and all PhDs programme)
- Admission Procedures.
Type of Programme
Doctor of Philosophy
Master’s degree or its equivalent in the related field*
A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in the related field*
Note : Preference will be given to applicants having a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA 3.0 and above or its equivalent
- Language Requirement.
- Programme Offered.
- Fees Structures
- Scholarship and Finance.
The deadline for submission of admission application forms for all international applicants is as follows:
|SEMESTER / INTAKE||CLOSING DATE|
|First Semester/September Intake||June 24 of the year||May 31 of the year|
|Second Semester/February Intake||December 2 of the year||November 18 of the year|
Third Semester / June Intake (By research only) the short semester and comprises only 8 weeks of studies
|February 10 of the year|
Any application forms received after the deadline will be processed for the next intake.
In the event that your application is submitted after the deadline for the particular intake and you would like to register in the said intake, a payment of RM600 must be prepared in advance for the Journey Performed Visa. You will also need to inform CPS in writing and the office will process your application provided that you support your application with the required documents.
The university reserves the right to approve your admission into a programme that is academically suitable for you.
Please be reminded that the university is not responsible for your accommodation should you arrived earlier than the date of enrolment as per stated in your offer letter.