OPENING OF COLLABORATIVE RESEARCH INITIATIVE GRANT SCHEME (C-RIGS) 2018, DEADLINE (18TH SEPTEMBER 2018 / TUESDAY)
Date : 14 August 2018
Reported by : Siti Nur Nazeha Bt Saiffuddin Zuhri
Category : Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENT OPENING OF COLLABORATIVE RESEARCH INITIATIVE GRANT SCHEME (C-RIGS) 2018 DEADLINE (18TH SEPTEMBER 2018 / TUESDAY)
Assalamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,
Dear Prof./ Assoc. Prof. / Dr. / Sir / Mdm,
We wish to inform you that the applications for the COLLABORATIVE RESEARCH INITIATIVE GRANT SCHEME (C-RIGS) 2018 will be OPENED from 14th August 2018 (Thursday) until 18th September 2018 (Tuesday). This special grant scheme is to support four (4) Joint Research Projects between IIUM and a minimum of 3 other entities (national / international), e.g. Universities, Industries, and Agencies, where each partner would also need to contribute funding.
Interested researchers are kindly invited to apply for the grant by submitting your online application via the Research Management System Version 2 (No hard copies will be accepted.):
Research Application Steps:
1. Login to RMS V2 ()
2. Click on Researcher
3. Select Request Submission.
4. Click on Research Button on the right (middle button)
5. Select Research Application.
Please login using your valid HURIS username and password.
Do click here for:
Applications should fulfill the following criteria:
1. There should be at least 3 research partners from any of the following entities: Universities, Industries, or Agencies.
2. The researcher should have a ready draft of the *Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) for collaborative research with Malaysian entities acknowledging their participation and institutional commitment. For International collaborative partners, drafts of LAs (Letters of Agreement), MOAs, or MOUs may be submitted
(The MOA template will be available from GIU, RMC.)
3. The grant will only be awarded if the MOAs are signed by 10th of December 2018.
4. The IIUM researchers should have written commitments with their research partners for the allocation of funds for the research project.
5. There should be at least 2 other IIUM co-researchers involved in the project.
1. All active* academic staff with Ph.D are eligible to apply for the grant. The principal researcher and co-researchers must be experts in the field of study.
2. Academic staff who are on study leave and unpaid leave are not eligible for this grant.
1. The principal researcher shall identify the research project and research partners.
2. The principal researcher and the research partners shall agree on the proposed research project, scope of work, time, budget, and other related items.
3. The principal researcher is required to upload the draft of the MOA (research with Malaysian collaborators) or LA/MOU/MOA (research with International collaborators) when submitting the online application.
4. The principal researcher is to upload the proposal via the RMSV2.
5. The 5 most competitive proposals (in terms of output and secured funding from partners) would be given priority for funding.
Amount / Value of Grant
1. The researcher and the collaborative partners shall agree on the proposed sharing of the financial budget. Contributions in kind from the research partners are not accepted.
2. Each Organization / Institution/ Collaborator is required to provide funding. The proposed financial commitment is not necessarily of equal share between the researcher and the research partners.
3. The final amount approved for the IIUM principal researcher will depend on the decision of the C-RIGS committee up to a maximum of RM20,000.
4. In the case of transfer of money from IIUM partners to the IIUM RMC (research with Malaysian collaborators) or to the IIUM principal researcher (research with International collaborators), evidence must be clearly documented.**
5. The financial contributions from the parties should be clearly documented in the MOA (research with Malaysian collaborators) or LA/MOU (research with International collaborators).
The duration of the research project is 2 years.
The research should lead to at least one (1) Indexed journal article.
· All publication and related costs are to be borne by this grant.
· Overseas conferences / training are not supported by this grant unless the outputs have been produced and there is surplus money to support that conference / training.
Researchers should acknowledge all fellow research collaborators, C-RIGS, and other sources of funding explicitly in any publication or publicity.
We look forward to receiving your applications and we wish you all the best.
Any queries, please contact :
Sr. Aida Melly Senior Assistant Director Grant Initiative Unit,
3rd Floor, Research Management Centre,
IIUM Gombak Campus P.O. Box 10,
50728 Kuala Lumpur Phone: +603 6196 5011
Thank you and Wassalam.
GRANT INITIATIVE UNIT, RMC