CENTRE FOR LANGUAGES AND PRE-UNIVERSITY ACADEMIC DEVELOPMENT
Centre for Languages and Pre-University Academic Development (CELPAD)
International Islamic University Malaysia
Jalan Gombak, 53100 Kuala Lumpur.
- Office of The Director 03-6196 4902/4917 (general line)
- Office of The Deputy Director 03-6196 4907/4911
- Office of The Heads of The Division:
- English Language Division 03-6196 4909
- Quranic Language Division 03-6196 4905
- Tilawah Division 03-6196 4936
- Bahasa Melayu Division 03-6196 4920
- TEMU 03-6196 4918/3950
- Fax: 03-6196 4865
Centre for Languages and Pre-University Academic Development (CELPAD) International Islamic University Malaysia P.O. Box 10 50728 Kuala Lumpur.
To ensure students are placed in the appropriate language course, CELPAD administers four tests:
- English Proficiency Test (EPT)
- Arabic Placement Test (APT)
- Tilawah Placement Test (TPT)
- Bahasa Melayu Placement Test (BMPT). BMPT is administered upon request.
English Proficiency Test (EPT)
The English Proficiency Test is used for student placement in the English language programmes. It comprises of Reading (Paper 1) and Writing (Paper 2). Students who do not achieve the minimum basic score as required bytheir Kulliyyah will be placed in the appropriate level of the English language programmes. Students who achieve the minimum basic score in EPT as required by their Kulliyyah will be exempted from the English Language programmes.
Arabic Placement Test (APT)
The Arabic Placement Test (APT) is designed to ensure proper placement for students in Quranic Language levels. It applies to all undergraduate students regardless of specialization, and to postgraduate students who intends to major in programmes with Arabic Language as the medium of instruction. Students who achieve the minimum basic score as required by their respective Kulliyyahs will be exempted from Quranic Language courses. Students who do not achieve the minimum basic score will be placed in the appropriate levels of Quranic Language (LQ courses) in CELPAD. LQ courses for IRK, TAASL, ISED AND LLB (SHARIAH) are kulliyyah requirements while LQ courses for HS, ECON, LLB, ENGIN, MBBS, SCIENCE, PHARM, AED, ICT, TESL, GUIDE (EDU) are graduating requirements.