CENTRE FOR FOUNDATION STUDIES
Centre for Foundation Studies
International Islamic University Malaysia
Pahang Darul Makmur,Malaysia
Registration & Scheduling Matters
Phone: +609 570 4333
Examination & Graduation Matters
Phone: +609 570 4333
Any matters related to CFS, please email
The Administration and Services Department is responsible for providing basic amenities and facilities for students and staff at the Centre for Foundation Studies campuses. The setting up of the Administration and Services Unit is to ensure that the basic facilities and amenities provided to students and staff are adequate for students and staff. The Administration and Services Department comprises:
a) Administration Unit
The Administration Unit is responsible for
- Supervision of IIUM Properties The Administration Unit is responsible for the supervision of IIUM Properties to ensure that the basic amenities i.e., electrical supply, water supply and other basic amenities provided to students and staff are clean, safe and in good working order. The duties of IIUM Properties entail minor civil works i.e., pest control, building maintenance, landscape care, sewerage treatment (management), minor electrical and mechanical work.
- Renovation and Upgrading Work The Administration Unit is also responsible for the supervision of renovation and upgrading work set out by the Development Division of the Centre for Foundation Studies campuses.
b) Public Relations
This unit has been entrusted with the responsibility of handling matters pertaining to the public relations of the Centre for Foundation Studies. Among the services rendered are providing publicity for the Centre, receiving visitors, dealing and coordinating with the mass media, preparing printing materials such as pamphlets, folders, markers, posters, preparing materials for exhibitions, expos and outreach programmes, as well as amassing newspaper articles on the IIUM, and educational materials.
c) Services Unit
The Services Unit is responsible for supervising and monitoring support services provided to the community of the Centre for Foundation Studies campuses. The unit is responsible for supervising and monitoring university vehicles, public address systems and telecommunication systems.
- University Vehicles is responsible for supervising and monitoring the movement and maintenance of university vehicles Cooperate with the Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan (JPJ), PUSPAKOM and the LPKP in the renewal of road tax and permits booking of university vehicles for students and staff of the university.
- Telecommunication System ensures that the VOIP System, telephone lines and other systems at the campuses are in excellent working condition.
- Public Address System (PA System) is to ensure that the Public Address System (PA system) in the administration buildings and mahallahs are in good working condition. Booking of the Public Address System i.e., microphones, loud speakers for programmes organized by students, staff and the public. This includes off-campus programmes organized by the University.
- Cafeteria Outlets are responsible for supervising and monitoring cafeteria services at the Centre for Foundation Studies. They are also responsible for preparing contract documents for the cafeteria operators. Cafeterias are located at the all mahallahs and the Administration Building.
- Service Outlets are responsible for supervising and monitoring service outlets at the Centre for Foundation Studies and for preparing contract documents for service operators.
Types of service outlets available at the Centre for Foundation Studies, IIUM
At present, launderette services are available at the Mahallah Al-Biruni, Mahallah Khalid, Mahallah Maimunah and Mahallah Talhah. The operational hours are from 9.00 a.m. till 12.00 p.m.
Sundry shops are conveniently located at all mahallahs and the Administrative Building. These shops operate from 8.00 a.m. till 12.00 p.m.
The IIUM Cooperative Book Store is located in the Central Building. Text books and other classroom materials are available at the book store.
Cyber cafés are located in all mahallahs and the Administrative Building. The operating hours are from 10.00 a.m. till 12.00 p.m.
Photocopy centres are located in some mahallahs and the Administrative Building. The operating hours are from 8.00 a.m. till 12.00 p.m.
d) Guidance and Counseling Unit
This unit offers to help students to find ways to overcome their emotional and psychological difficulties, thus enabling them to build their self-confidence and self-esteem, exercise their self determination, realize and achieve their self-potential, and become positive contributors to our society. The functions of this unit are:
- to provide excellent and effective counseling for students’ self development and enhancement
- to provide career guidance services to enable students to explore their career potential
- to administer personality and psychological assessment to students to identify their personality profile, thus understanding them better.
- to assist students to enhance their academic performance and spiritual development
- to assist students to manage and cope with their daily life challenges
- to instill positive thinking amongst students for their personal and social well-being.
The unit is ready to guide and help students to overcome existing challenges on campus. It is hoped that through the counseling and consultation process and self-development and enhancement programmes, our students are able to achieve the following objectives:
- better understanding of oneself
- develop self-awareness and identify their true potential
- enhance their self-esteem and level of confidence
- be able to set clear goals in their lives
- develop career awareness and identify their career path
- be able to make wise decision for themselves
- cope with their daily life challenges and become positive persons.
The Human Resources Development Department comprises two units :
- Human Resources
This unit provides assistance to all staff concerning service matters and staffing.
The main function of this unit is to provide and facilitate training opportunities for the staff of CFS in all categories. Hence this unit coordinates with the Management Services Division on matters pertaining to training, courses, seminars and conferences for administrative and technical staff. As for academic staff, the unit coordinates with kulliyyahs and external organizers in sending academic staff to seminars, conferences, short courses and workshops. The Unit also organizes in-house training according to the needs of the Centre.
ITD was formed to provide IT services to the Centre for Foundation Studies (CFS), IIUM community. In this respect, ITD will have a role as a service provider to all departments at the Centre. ITD will identify plan and implement IT projects as well as support and maintain its operations on behalf of the users. This includes planning of ICT requirements, networking, data storage, data recovering system, IP PBX, Wifi and system development of computerization systems for the Centre. In implementing projects, ITD will study the requirements, design and specify the scope of work, supervise and manage the projects on behalf of the users, test and commission the system, train and support the users and also provide maintenance. The IT Department comprises three units: the telecommunication and Computing Unit; the Centre Core, Collaborative and Strategic Application Unit; and the Network and Security Unit.
Telecommunication & Computing Unit
The telecommunication and Computing Unit is responsible for various tasks:
- procurement of new PC as requested by the user
- providing PC preventive maintenance from time to time
- providing PC repairs and maintenance (hardware and software)
- servicing printers and peripherals
- providing teleconferencing services for meetings and discussions
- facilitating the smart card service
- maintaining computer labs at the centre
- managing the service centre
- managing the helpdesk service
- providing hardware and software assistance as requested by user
Centre Core, Collaborative and Strategic Application Unit
The Centre Core, Collaborative and Strategic Application Unit is responsible for system development at the centre. Its tasks are stated below:
- developing new systems for the Centre as requested by the user
- maintaining the current and existing system for the Centre
- improving the system from time to time
- collaborating with main campus and other institutions
- planning for new strategic approach and application
- coordinate the Centre’s web page committee
Network and Security Unit
The Network and Security Unit is responsible for the Internet and Virtual Private Network (VPN) at the Centre. Its tasks are:
- maintaining the current networking infrastructure
- managing the security of the server and network
- planning for new networking systems
- upgrading the existing networking architecture
- maintaining the IP-PBX system for the Centre
- managing server switches and cables (optical fibers)
- maintaining the Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) for the servers
- providing wireless services on campus and in mahallahs.