Hartford Seminary Cohort Visit to International Islamic University Malaysia
Tarikh : 11 October 2016
Dilaporkan Oleh : WebMaster
Kategori : News
Please be informed that there will be delegates from the Hartford Seminary, USA coming to visit our University on Wednesday, 12th October 2016
. We will be meeting them at 3 pm at al-Tabari Conference Room, KIRKHS. We would like to extend the invitation to all Deputy Deans and Heads of Departments to join the discussion with them. The list of delegates is as follows;
1.Professor Fatma Wahdan Antar is a Trustee at Hartford Seminary. She is also Professor of Economics at Manchester Community College in Manchester CT and a member of The Islamic Association of Greater Hartford.
2. Professor Ali Antar is Emeritus Professor and adjunct Professor of Physics and Earth Sciences at Central Connecticut State University. He is a founding and board member of Islamic Association of Greater Hartford and Member and past president and member of the Board of Islamic Council of New England.
3. Heidi Hadsell, Ph.D., is President of Hartford Seminary and Professor of Social Ethics. She has a deep commitment to interfaith dialogue and engagement, believing that in today’s religiously plural world, it is essential to understand and work with religions beyond one’s own. Dr. Hadsell serves on a variety of boards that reflect her service in the community and experience in theological education. The boards include Arigatou International, where she is on the council for the World Day of Prayer and Action for Children; Globethics.net; the Advisory Committee to the Wabash Center for Teaching and Learning in Theology and Religion; the Association of Theological Schools in North America and Canada, including the ATS Presidential Leadership Education Advisory Committee; and Plowshares Institute.
4. Dr. Feryal Salem is Assistant Professor of Islamic Scriptures and Law, Co-Director of the Islamic Chaplaincy Program, and Director of the Imam and Muslim Community leadership certificate program at Hartford Seminary.
5. Mr. James K. Robertson Jr. Esq., serves as the Treasurer of Hartford Seminary’s Board of Trustees. and the Chairman of the Academic Programs Committee. He is a graduate of the Seminary, and he is also an Honors graduate from Yale University and the University of Connecticut School of Law. Jim has served as the national Moderator of the United Church of Christ and continues his profession as a trial lawyer.
6. Sam Locke is the Chief Development Officer for Hartford Seminary. In his role, he is responsible for the Seminary’s fundraising efforts and alumni relations program, focusing especially on fundraising efforts for our International Peacemaking Program and the Ph.D. program in Christian-Muslim Relations. Prior to joining the Seminary, Sam spent nearly seven years on the national staff of the Presbyterian Church (USA).
7. Heather Holda is the Executive Assistant to the President and Human Resource Director at Hartford Seminary. Heather was an organizer for the President’s Interfaith and Community Service Campus for 2015 and 2016.