Master in Nursing Science (Research)
Master in Nursing Science (Research) aims to address issues and gaps identified in various fields of nursing including clinical and community setting. It also considers and attempts to contribute to the further development of nursing care through evidence-based practice and produce definite nursing guidelines to enhance quality of
care in Malaysia.
The programme would facilitate the enrolment of Bachelor Degree holders who intent to pursue research at a higher level and support them to be an advanced practice nurses to work as academicians, researchers, and advanced nurse practitioners.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To achieve excellence in research, and to be recognized as a top-ranking university offering quality research in Master of Nursing Sciences.
- To achieve excellence in a novel areas of nursing studies and attain optimal satisfaction especially for nursing students in teaching and learning environment.
Duration of the study:
2 years full time or 4 years part time programme (normal progression)
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent from IIUM or any other accredited institution of higher learning
- Applications from candidates with other certificates that are recognized as equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or relevant professional qualifications (Registered Nurse) and experience that are recognized by the Senate of the University
- Candidates must demonstrate a good command of the English Language. Our English language requirement is:
- TOEFL 500; or
- IELTS 5; or
- English Placement Test 5 (administered by the University)
Assist. Prof. Dr. Azlina Daud
Deputy Dean (Research & Postgraduate)
Kulliyyah of Nursing
International Islamic University Malaysia
Level 2, Jalan Hospital Campus
25710 Kuantan, Pahang.
Phone: +609-570 7207