OPENING OF RESEARCH INITIATIVE GRANT SCHEME (PUBLICATION) (P-RIGS) 2018
Date : 09 November 2018
Reported by : Siti Nur Nazeha Bt Saiffuddin Zuhri
Category : Announcements
OPENING OF RESEARCH INITIATIVE GRANT SCHEME (PUBLICATION)
DEADLINE (26TH NOVEMBER 2018 / MONDAY)
Assalamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,
Dear Prof./ Assoc. Prof. / Dr. / Sir / Mdm,
We wish to inform you that the applications for the RESEARCH INITIATIVE GRANT SCHEME (PUBLICATION) (P-RIGS) 2018 will be OPENED from 5TH NOVEMBER 2018 (MONDAY) until 26TH NOVEMBER 2018 (MONDAY). This special grant scheme is to support publication initiatives by the University where researchers who have no research grant may publish their articles using this publication grant.
Interested researchers are kindly invited to apply for the grant by submitting your online application via the Research Management System Version 2 at https://rmsv2.iium.edu.my/auth/login (rmsv2.iium.edu.my>researcher>request submission>research application). No hard copies will be accepted. Please login using your valid HURIS username and password. The RMSV2 user manual and P-RIGS guidelines and procedures are attached herewith.
Applications shall include a co-researcher / researchers.
1. All active* academic staff with Ph.D are eligible to apply for the grant.
2. Academic staff who are on study leave and unpaid leave are not eligible for this grant.
3. Only ONE application per staff. Minimum of one (1) co-researcher is required.
4. The budget is appropriate and meets the objectives of the grant;
5. Priority will be given to those who submit competitive proposals.
Amount / Value of Grant
The budget is as follows:
Science and Technology = Minimum is RM 20,000.00
Non- Science and Technology = Minimum is RM 5,000.00.
The duration of the research project is 1 year.
1. For every RM5,000.00 secured, researchers are required to produce within the 12-month research duration, at least:
a) 2 indexed journal articles in Scopus, ERA or WoS, or
b) 3 non-indexed journal articles
· All publication and related costs are to be borne by this grant.
· Oversea conferences / training are not supported by this grant unless the outputs have been produced and there is surplus money to support that conference / training.
2. Researchers should acknowledge all fellow research collaborators, P-RIGS, and other sources of funding explicitly in any publication or publicity.
We look forward to receiving your applications and we wish you all the best.
Any queries, please contact:
Sr. Aida Melly Senior Assistant Director Grant Initiative Unit, 3rd Floor, Research Management Centre, IIUM Gombak Campus P.O. Box 10, 50728 Kuala Lumpur Phone: +603 6196 5011
Thank you and Wassalam.
GRANT INITIATIVE UNIT, RMC