PATENT SEARCH FOR ALL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION’S RESEARCH GRANT APPLICATION 2020
التاريخ : 08 July 2020
المحرر : Siti Nur Nazeha Bt Saiffuddin Zuhri
الفئة : Announcements
RMC ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE PATENT SEARCH FOR ALL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION’S RESEARCH GRANT APPLICATION 2020
Assalamualaikum wbt and Jumaah Baraqah,
Dear YBhg. Tan Sri / Datuk / Dato '/ Prof. / Assoc. Prof. Dr./ Asst. Prof. Dr.,
With effect from year 2020, Ministry of Education (MOE) has imposed Patent Search for all MyGrants Applications.
As such, we are pleased to share the attached slides in PDF Format for YBhg. Tan Sri / Datuk / Dato '/ Prof. / Assoc. Prof. Dr./ Asst. Prof. Dr.’s kind reference.
Using the Lens.org, the patent search that is designed to create intellectual property awareness to MOE’s grant applicants would help the applicants to:
1) Familiarise with a basic patent search process;
2) View basic information associated with their research;
3) Identify the novelty position of their research application with regards to the intellectual property landscape;
4) Identify other actors (potential collaborators/stakeholders/competitors) in the sectors associated with their research areas;
5) Identify potential trends in intellectual property interest;
6) See historical patent trends associated their research;
7) Identify if neighbouring countries (Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand) has developed similar ideas; and
8) Avoid submitting research proposals that lacks novelty and potential economic and societal impact
Thank You. Wassalam.
GRANT INITIATIVE UNIT
RESEARCH MANAGEMENT CENTRE