Student Activity Awards 2019: Roy Haiza wins President’s award
التاريخ : 11 November 2019
المحرر : Roslan Bin Rusly
الفئة : News
By Hidayah Sahrunizam (IIUM Today)
GOMBAK - - The Student’s Activity Awards 2019 (STEWARD ’19) was celebrated on Friday (8 November) by honouring students involvement in co-curricular activities under 20 categories of awards to recognise their highest commitment and contribution to the university.
This year, Roy Haiza from the Ahmad Ibrahim Kulliyyah of Laws (AIKOL) was chosen as the winner for Society Leader Awards and President’s Award.
Asked to comment on her contribution to societies, she said, “Basically I contested for two major programmes, one is Humanitarian Mission for the Syrian’s refugees at Gazietep, Turki, which we managed to raise almost RM150,000. Besides that, I do weekly programme for Rohingya refugees for educational support whereby I was the president for that organisation.”
She added, “My NGO’s name is Malaysia Still Cares (MSC)”
“I feel honoured, but everything comes with responsibility and of course these awards are not purely my own effort, it also comes from my inspiration, my parents, my lecturers and all my teachers and friends.”
She expressed the hope that after this she could contest at the national level to give her best in representing the university.
Meanwhile, Nurulain Nadhirah from Kulliyyah of Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences (IRKHS) was awarded Best Voluntary Team Award and Best Society Award.
She did not expect to win because UNESCO Club is only two years old and very new in IIUM. Hence, she said she felt very happy and grateful at the same time.
She told IIUMToday, “Currently, I am the president of UNESCO IIUM Club and the award is for global outreach in Vietnam in January this year, and the second one, for global outreach in Bukit Tinggi, Indonesia, last August.”
Hurairah Chorghay from Kulliyyah of Economic and Management Sciences (KENMS) received the Rector’s Award-Special Recognition for his participation in Maybank Go Ahead Challenge which is an international case competition.
“So basically I won the competition, hence, I guess I got nominated for the Rector’s award. Receiving this award was unexpected and I am surprised with it but I’m feeling happy and grateful, ” he said.
Furthermore, Amirul Hafiz from Ahmad Ibrabim Kuliyyah of Laws (AIKOL) and also from JASA Club was named as the winner for Outstanding Programme Award and Voluntary Leader Award (Community Wellness). 17 people have reverted to Islam from their programme and this is considered as their biggest contribution that they have achieved.
“I feel happy tonight and of course not for myself only but also for JASA Club,” he continued.
In addition, 120 nominations were received in this nail biting competition.
The other award winners were:
1. SRC Leader Award – Amalia Binti Zulkifli
2. MRC Leader Award – Harimal Hilal Binti Abdullah
3. Society Leader Award – Roy Haiza Binti Abdellah
4. Public Speaking Programme Leader Award – Muhammad Zhilal Bin Adnan
5. Sport Programme Leader Award – Ahmad Faris Bin Kamarudin
6. Uniform Body Leader Award – Aini Shazwani Binti Baharudin
7. Entrepreneurship Leader Award – Nur Aisyah Sofia Binti Hamdy
8. International Student Leader Award – Sadia Shafqat
9. Intellectual Discourse Programme Leader Award – Ahmad Faris Bin Abdul Rahman
10. Voluntary Leader Award (Open) – Muhammad Fauzi Acho
11. Voluntary Leader Award (Community Wellness) – Amirul Hafiz Bin Ramli
12. Voluntary Leader Award (Environmental) – Khairunnisa Binti Shidan
13. Best Voluntary Team Award – Nurulain Nadhirah Binti Abdul Muen
14. Best MRC Award – Nurul Aimi Syairah Binti Rusli
15. Best Society Award – Nurulain Nadhirah Binti Abdul Muen
16. Outstanding Programme Award – Amirul Hafiz Bin Ramli
17. Rector’s Award –
Khalis Bin Khalid (Individual Category)
Hurairah Khaleed Hasan Chorgay (Individual Category)
International Festival of Innovation 2019 – Team Leader: Muhammad Nur Aiman Bin Abdul Rauf
IIUM International Arabic Debate (Open) – Team Leader: Mohamad Zairul Iqmal Bin Mohamad Kamal
IIUM Australasian Debating Championship – Team Leader: Umy Marsyitah Binti Mohamed Azhar
18. President’s Award – Roy Haiza Binti Abdellah
(List of winners obtained from Head of Publication and Promotion, STEWARD)***