IIUM LIBRARY :: Muslim Scholars Collection
The Muslim Scholars Collection was set up with the following objectives:
- To be known as a research university through developing this exclusive section.
- To lead Malaysian universities in the area of Islamic studies integrated with other discipline.
- To provide an exclusive hub for Islamic Studies in the area of research which use English and Arabic as the medium unlike other universities which only use Arabic or Arabic and Malay for their Islamic Studies.
- The Library aspires to provide prospective students with an encouraging environment towards research in the field of Islamic Revealed Knowledge. As such, it provide an exclusive resource area comprising all major references by prominent Islamic scholars commencing first century until the present day.
- By providing the collection, the Library is not only preparing the basic foundation for research but also it will benefit others who are interested in doing research.
- The collection within the room are treated as a closed-accesses collection. Therefore, students as well as researchers will be guaranteed of the availability of those references that they need, whenever they need them.
The Islamic Intellectual Heritage was set up to showcase the collection of biodata and profile of Muslim Scholars from the Malay Archipelago.
For its initial collection, the area was furnished with the work of Allahyarham Wan Muhammad Saghir Abdullah. This well known scholar, who passed away on 12 April 2007, was a respectable researcher and writer of well known Muslim Scholars of the Malay Archipelago. It was also his wish that the IIUM Library, being a library in an Islamic university, preserves his well researched manuscript for the benefit of researchers in the same field.
Upon request by the Library to Khazanah Fataniah, the collection has been sent to the Malaysian National Institute of Translation to be translated into English. It was later framed and displayed creatively in the area now known as the Islamic Intellectual Heritage.
You can access our Muslim Scholars Profile flipping book on the site.
View Discovery Muslim Scholars Profile Online
Now you can access the Muslim Scholars Profile from your Smartphone
Muslim Scholars Profile on Flipping Book. A digital book that you could flip through on the computer
How to Use? - Tutorial
Qr-Codes - Access Muslim Scholars Profile from Smartphone
View Muslim Scholars Profile on Flipping Book